Monday 6 August 2012

Discovering the Right Purpose for Living

God determined your purpose, but you have to discover it. So, even though there is a reason for your existence, it is your responsibility to find it out. You have been assigned to accomplish a particular task or mission. This week, I want to show you how to Discover The Right Purpose For Living.
God’s Word says: Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations (Jeremiah 1:5). There is a reason for your existence. Before you were formed in your mother’s womb, God knew you and set you aside for something specific. That specific thing that you have been set aside for is the reason for your existence.
You are not an after-thought or a biological accident, the circumstance surrounding your birth notwithstanding. Even if you were born out of wedlock, you did not just happen or appear on this earth by mistake. You were made. This is why God’s Word says: Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture (Psalms 100:3).
God, your creator, deliberately packaged you and sent you here for a specific reason. You are a high-tech product, packaged to perform certain defined functions. You exist for a definite reason. This reason is not for you to determine, it was already pre-determined by God before your existence.
Now that you are still a single person is the best time to find out the reason for your existence! To miss this reason is to live in misery. I had always known, from my youth that I was going to be involved in ministry work; though I never knew the magnitude. The mandate for this ministry was delivered to my husband the visioner before we got married, while he was still single persons. May 2008 marked 27 years of the ministry. It is amazing, what God has done! But, it all began during the single years.
Let me ask you this question – What is the reason for your existence on earth? This is the only way for you to find bearing for your life. May you locate it on time and live solely for it. You shall not be a disappointment to destiny!
It is a known fact that every product delivers its best when used according to the manufacturer’s design. So also, you cannot live a distinguished and outstanding life, until you discover the reason for your existence and abide by it. There is a particular course to which you have been separated. You can only be positively different and stand out when you are in the centre of God’s assignment for you on the earth. God’s Word says: But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb, and called me by his grace (Galatians 1:15).
Paul, the Apostle, lived an outstanding life because he discovered this truth. He knew he was separated unto something right from his mother’s womb. He located it and lived for it. Think of Joseph, Gideon, Esther, Jeremiah, Peter and indeed everyone who lived an outstanding life, including Jesus. They did so on the basis of their discovery of the reason for their existence (1 John. 3: 8).
However, you must understand that locating the reason for your existence is a personal, non-transferable responsibility. It is the master key to a life of distinction. Until you discover the reason why you exist, you are a disaster going somewhere to happen! That could be minus you!
“But how can I locate this singular reason for which I exist?”, you may ask. Well, let me share the following hints with you. Let’s examine three of the avenues here. I can guarantee they will be very useful in giving you a clue.
Look Inwards
Conduct an internal search. This is another major way of locating the reason for existence. Take an inventory of your life. There is something within you that will give you a clue to where you belong. But be true to yourself. Remember that no one knows the things in a man except the spirit within him. Look inward for one or a combination of two or more of the following; it may be a pointer to your reason for existence.
Know your Talents
Everyone has talents, gifts and endowments from God, but you need to look inwards to discover them. King David enjoyed leading sheep, so he qualified to lead men. God gives gifts according to man’s several abilities. There is no un-talented person on earth. God’s Word says: And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey (Matthew 25:15).
What productive thing do you have the ability to do without stress or imitations? It flows out of you naturally with delight. It is put there by God to occupy you till He comes (Luke 19:13). For me, writing is one of such. As I work on this material right now, I have been on this desk all night for about six straight hours tirelessly and I tell you its flowing! This is aside from several other such times already invested into this work.
Passion
There is something that you are usually very passionate about. What gives you boundless enthusiasm? You seem to have supernatural energy in pursuing such task. You are highly emotional about it. You get emotionally caught up in your actions and reactions concerning it. Locate it; it may be a pointer to your assignment on earth.
Nehemiah had unquenchable passion for the afflicted in Jerusalem and the broken walls of the city. He pursued it and he was made (Nehemiah 2:1-20). In verse 3, Nehemiah said to the king:
…Why should not my countenance be sad, when the city, the place of my fathers’ sepulchers, lieth waste, and the gates thereof are consumed with fire?
The renowned Mother Theresa was not known to have heard a voice from heaven. She had a passion for the helpless lepers and she emerged one of the few that have influenced the world. Personally, I have a strong passion for ministering to singles, women, and families.
Living for the right purpose makes for fulfillment, otherwise, the struggle will continue. Examine yourself and change your purpose for living. Accept the Lord as your own personal Lord and Saviour. If you are set for this, please say this prayer: Dear Lord, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me my sins. Cleanse me with Your precious Blood. I accept You as my Lord and Saviour. Now I know I am born again! Congratulations! You are now born again and a child of God.                by: Pastor Faith Oyedepo

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nice sharing. Blog related to purpose of living. Thanks for sharing. !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Blog related to purpose of living. Thanks for sharing. !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog is show the purpose of living.It gives us satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete